Friday, August 23, 2013

Trying something for fun

I was lurking (as often I do) on KBoards (which is an excellent site, if you do not already frequent it--I highly recommend doing so) today and I noticed the following post:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,160418.0.html

As I am a fan of Joe Konrath's blog (in fact, he is a primary reason why I am seeking to self-publish), I read the post and was most amused. While I can completely understand the reasoning of many on KBoards and their words regarding the degradation of self-publishing via something like this, it seemed to me to be nothing more than a bit of fun.

If nothing else, one could consider it an exercise in the "process of self-publishing".

I will give this a try.

Immediately, and idea sprung to my mind. I am not much of an artist, but I've created the following cover and will pursue the idea to its conclusion. Here, I will update my status. I've spent approximately four hours on the entire process so far -- creating suitable replicas of Mike Mignola's tentacles were a hearty challenge for my definitely Photoshop-challenged self.


Something Under the Sea is Drooling
(c) 2013 Ken Naga

Something Under the Sea is Drooling (Thumbnail)
(c) 2013 Ken Naga
What are your thoughts? I would be honored by your opinions. Also, what do you think of Joe Konrath's idea? What are your thoughts about his little challenge? I would be most eager to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Until next time, I am feverishly writing...


No comments:

Post a Comment